Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baba



I never thought of writing this ever. My father passed away on the 17 August, 2009, in a very sudden and shocking manner. I did not have the chance of speaking with him the day he left us but was lucky to have talked to him the day before. Baba did not tell us a lot about his early days but when cornered with questions regarding childhood,he could promptly get back with the facts and memories. I now realize how little we know of our father as far as his childhood,and his life before our birth (my sister Ishita and myself), are concerned. There are so many facets to a person's life which one does not know, thereafter I thought of publishing this blog where I welcome all who knew my father to write something about him,- anecdotes, views , and photos are all solicited. The response to this has been very encouraging.

Kaku-Kanan Bihari Goswami, my father's younger brother , has come up with an interesting memoir of their childhood days. Choto Pishi- Mridula Banerjee, father's youngest sister has penned her views of her 'Dada'.

Please send in your whatever you want to : mayukh.goswami@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Meshomoshai as I knew him

    I will always remember Meshomoshai as a wonderful quiet person.There are many instances I recall in my childhood and teenage years when I observed the perfectionist nature in Meshomoshai.No matter how much the noise Meshomoshai would stick to his schedule.That was what struck me even more.I felt he was to the core an extremely helpful and wise man.His loss is a major blow to us all. For all matters he was next to my own father.

    ReplyDelete